Euro Deliveries Logistics Company Limited (EDL.Ltd) information
German customs regulations – the export of animals from the EU to another country
The European rules on cross-border transport, first introduced in 1992, will now be extended to cover all traffic between the remaining EU countries. Euro Deliveries Logistics Company Limited (EDL.Ltd) points out some of the implications of these changes below.
The aim is to provide legal certainty to the European sender of export consignments from the EU. Therefore, paper-based procedures have been phased out and replaced by a uniform process which is exclusively electronic.
There are some obvious advantages:
- Going on a vacation with your pet
- Emigrating with your pet
- Business transfers with your pet
- Federal Armed Forces / military transfers
- Shipping rescue dogs into crisis zones
- Sale / breeding / change of ownership (goods valued up to 3,000€ or goods valued from 3,000.01€)
- It is now much easier to claim VAT (only if you purchased your animal in the EU and you want to export it to another country)
- invoice of the export is without VAT (only if you are selling your animal to a foreign country)
- you recive an export proof, thereby you will have legal security in this context
So what does the whole thing look like in practice?
- Euro Deliveries Logistics Company Limited (EDL.Ltd) must establish clear evidence of its role as pet transporter
- Euro Deliveries Logistics Company Limited (EDL.Ltd) requires a copy of the purchase contract, or an export invoice to cover each journey
- Please provide Euro Deliveries Logistics Company Limited (EDL.Ltd) with your EORI number (European customs number). If you do not have one, Euro Deliveries Logistics Company Limited (EDL.Ltd) will apply for one on your behalf, without charge
- Euro Deliveries Logistics Company Limited (EDL.Ltd) uniquely requires an authorisation from the seller to apply for the EORI number.
- If the value per consignment is less than EUR 3,000 and no special authorizations are associated with your pet, then an immediate export declaration may be issued as a one-step process.
- If the value per consignment is more than 3,000 Euro and/or special permits are required for your pet, then please allow at least four working days before your flight to complete the two-stage export declaration process.
- For each shipment, Euro Deliveries Logistics Company Limited (EDL.Ltd) will require a copy of the purchase agreement or an export invoice.
- Please provide GRADLYN with your EORI number (European customs number). If you do not have one, Euro Deliveries Logistics Company Limited (EDL.Ltd) will apply for an EORI number (free of charge) on your behalf.
European transport and distribution
Through our knowledge of the European transportation market, Quick Freight Logistic Company Limited (QFLCL)’s can offer you the best solution per lane or destination. As a result, you get the best service and quality.
Our European road forwarding services include:
- Full loads
- Parcel and pallet distribution
Courier & Express
Combining its strength in intercontinental forwarding activities with the European express delivery system, Gelder’s Air provides a true European Gateway service. With the import service, individual consignments are shipped in consolidation to Schiphol Airport, where break-bulk activities are performed after which goods are dispatched for distribution across the EMEA region to, for instance, dealers and distributors. For most shippers, this is a more cost-effective solution than shipping to each consignee directly.
The reverse of the above is also possible. In this case, goods are collected across Europe and shipped in consolidation to consignees in North and South America and Asia. Here also, the consolidation results in significant cost-savings compared to direct shipments.